Friday, February 6, 2009

End 'o' the week for Programming






Hey everybody! Quick updates:

I've been working pretty extensively on the Husky Pride Fund, which in short (if I already hadn't mentioned yet) is an emergency scholarship fund for those in dire financial need. The coolest aspect of the program is it's not built by raising fees or the like-but by you! If you go to the UW Book Store and purchase this year's Husky Tee (pics attached), $5 goes directly into the Pride Fund. OR you can dump your lose pocket change into one of the change bins around campus, found at many of the cafe stands/food establishments.
...Alright! So I had to throw in a plug, but I found it necessary to give you an idea of what I'm working on. Right now, I'm designing a revamped marketing plan to give it the boost it's looking for, so watch out for that!

I'm also working on the Drag Show, so be ready to look for some Audition posters soon! I'm even going to attempt to do something! This key to this audition: rock out a talent of yours...in drag! Yeah! That's it! It could be a gender-bending skit, a song, or even a magic trick- just be in drag! So talk to me if you have any questions!

Swing Kids is hosting their annual Winter dance this Friday (today!) 2.6.09; they have free dance lessons at 7pm, and then the dance is from 8-11pm. It's free to UW students, and $5 to community folk. Not bad!

GO check things out and I'll be sure to update you with more next week!

Mike

No comments:

Huzzah!

Huzzah!